As I sit here writing, Aaron is downstairs vaccuming, and Cade is fast asleep after a long week of school. Yes, he vaccums. He is definitely a keeper- however we have had "attack of the flies" at our house, coupled with the fact that for some reason when we were removing some extra pipes, we discovered one was "drippy" and it didn't stop until we had a small flood. Thankfully, this took place in the basement close to a drain, and now 5 days of running the fan and dehumidifier, we are dried enough to put the carpet back to rights again in the downstairs. Our remodel of the basement does not begin until December....so we are just getting by.
The last two words put me in mind of something I heard a woman say yesterday at the store. She ran into an old friend, and before you think I was eavesdropping, (which I was) they stopped right in front of me and got in my check out line together...so I just had to listen in. What else was I supposed to do? I had already read the tabloids. Before I had gotten to the counter, I had to wait, and wait and wait.....you get the picture. I had, once again, gotten in line at Walmart with out looking at the cashier. Now don't judge me too harshly....because if you lived around here you have probably gotten her too. She is the sweetest thing, but bless her heart she reads every card you buy and cries! After she collects herself and wipes her nose with the Kleenex (w/o using GermX- SUPER GROSS) she then asks what isle you found a particular cleaner in and then stops her job to write it down so she can go shopping later. It probably wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to go to two other stops, and have Ms. Ina Hurry behind you breathing down your neck and sending you killer looks because you bought the cleaner that held up the line in the first place.
Anyhow, the two ladies were still trying to release their bags from Mrs. Havin' A. Goodcry, when they turned and told her to have a good day. She responed with, "thanks, I am trying....just trying to get by."
I have no idea what was going on in her life, and it was clear the women didn't know her either. They had the same woman behind them that was behind me. She was invading all our personal spaces with just her frowny face. But for a complete stranger to say that to another fellow stranger struck me as odd. So much in those two little words.
They hit pretty close to home for me as well because I have my re-staging tests coming up on Monday. 7am. Talk about invading your personal space and breathing down your neck. I feel like I have been holding my breath for months now. Waiting, and waiting....just like I was doing in Walmart. When people ask, I tell them the truth...I am doing well. But yet I could say the same as the cashier- "thanks, I am trying....just trying to get by," until this day-Monday- when I know if all I have gone thru has been a success or failure. Waiting, praying and waiting some more....it is all another step of faith. I truly believe it is gone and that the Lord is leading me out of this valley. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. There is the new and exciting stuff ahead, right alongside new and scary-looking-kind-a-funish stuff too. If you think of me, please pray for me. Pray for wisdom and for faith to be made sight. God is so very good. I need these "tests" of faith that urge me to my knees so I can quit just "trying to get by" and really learn spread my wings and fly. It is what we pray for right?
Before I forget...thank you in advance for your prayers. I see the Dr. on Sept. 8th. Whew!
Oh, and by the way....if you are shopping in E.S. Walmart- stay out of Lane 6 on Thursdays, and the Self-check out lanes on Saturdays.....or better yet....go visit her. You never know, that may be the day she decides to spread her wings and leap in faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment