Reviews & Such things!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fun, fall festivities....

I love fall. The colors, smells, amazing sunsets. Everybit of it is incredible.

Today I am excited. I get to take a small pause out of life and go with Cade on his field trip to the pumpkin patch. I cannot wait! Hayrides, pig races, pumpkin patch dotted with tons of bright orange pumkins. Even better is- it is going to be 80+ degrees! Yeah! Perfect day! (I will post pictures when we get back)

Yesterday was a FULL day. So full in fact that I was busy putting my letters in the mailbox, only to realize that I had left my car in drive...and it went driving down the road without me. Thankfully I had left my door open. Wow. That had to be about the biggest blonde moment I have EVER had. Funny thing is, I'm not really blonde anymore! Go figure.

Cade has been saving and saving his allowance. Last evening after school, I took him to go and spend it. He thinks and thinks exactly what he can get, to make it work out to getting the most items for his money. I remember doing the SAME thing when I was his age. I would figure out my total amount and then start figuring. We came home with a keyboark (just a small one), OLIVIA book, modeling clay and a pizza making playdoh factory. I don't normally do that. As you can tell, it had been MONTHS since he last was able to spend his money. We have him  give his tithe from each dollar he makes, and then he just loves collecting money. (don't we all?) He rarely complains about saving it. I love that about him. He isn't a greedy kid. He does the normal asking for things once in a while, but he knows that eventually when we get new things, that we are going to have to get rid of the old ones. He HATES that. He gets rather attatched. So, he is careful about buying/asking for things until he knows what he wants to clean out. His mom HATES clutter. He LOVES it. Not sure where he gets his hoarding mentality. (like keeing his baby toys) He loves to share, and if he knows the kids that are getting his toys, he won't stop giving them away. Gotta be careful with that kid- he's a live wire!

Cade told his friends last week, that "he didn't know what happened to him....(he went to Christian school) and just fell in love. I don't know whats wrong with me, but I met my wife....head over heels. I even kissed her twice....on the arm- don't tell a soul!" He slaps his hand over his forehead and just shakes his head. What a crack up! What a little casanova. Guess I need to tell him he'd better start saving his allowance again. =)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cader . . . what a hoot! And I'm so glad that you were able to stop the car before it drove off without you :) Can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete