Reviews & Such things!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Finding Peace.....

Well, we don't have much for an update except that I have a Biopsy on Tuesday and results should be on Friday. Lots of things to think about. All the "if" scenarios. They found a new spot that will be tested as well. I cannot say that I was thrilled with that, but I am thankful that they caught it.

I am learning to find peace. Bit by bit. Surprisingly it comes in the most random places. For example, when someone who never prays, tells me they picked up a Bible and read a verse and while they thought of me they prayed. Or a little girl who comes up to me and says, "you're the bravest person I know." It is in those moments that I feel like I am being "hugged" from the inside-out. That there is a purpose in this.

The Lord has been so faithful. I don't want you to get the impression that I just "Have it all together." For whatever reason, mornings are the worst. This morning found me on my knees dry-heaving, when I tried to take on the magnitude of "what could be." So I prayed....I mean- fall on your knees-type of praying that leaves you feeling spent, but hopeful.

Even though I feel like I am living through my worst nightmare, I begin to realize it is taking things one step at a time. Aaron's dad always said, "if He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it." There is peace knowing that each new day His mercies are new and that He gives me the strength to meet each challenge, just like He does each of us. It is good to be reminded. He IS good and He is SO faithful. That is what I am learning....surrendering means let go...and I mean REALLY let go. It is there that I find my peace.

3 comments:

  1. Also keep in mind that God's power shines through more easily in our times of weakness (take a look at the first half of 2 Cor 12). I can't imaging how difficult of a time this is for you and your family, but my hopes and prayers keep coming back to God revealing himself to you guys in new and powerful ways! Your father in law's advice is excellent. He'll bring you through it, giving you the strength and peace as He walks through it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rich! Your encouragement is always right on time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link Erin! Thinking of you tomorrow as you go in for the biopsy, and then wait for the results.

    ReplyDelete