I made it.
With the Lord's incredible strength, love, tender mercies, and guidance- I finished cancer treatment. I am SO incredibly thankful. Thankful for each and every one of you praying for me, encouraging me, strengthening me, carrying not only me- but my family as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You all have blessed us more than you will ever know.
From here, of course I will always covet your prayers. 100%....I can't do this with out prayer. None of us can. We simply are incapable of doing anything on our own. I will be taking a pill for about 5 years and of course keeping up with blood work, etc. every 3 months for the next several. I have re-staging tests coming up the 29th of this month. Other than that, I will begin the baby steps to putting my life back together, one piece at a time, with a grateful heart.
Yesterday Cade came home with another song on his heart. He loves the chapel time at school. He was singing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart," along with "This is the Day," all afternoon. It is amazing to me the faith that a child has. Let me share with you what happened this morning.......
We had a bad storm last night and Cade came into our room and crawled into bed with us. This is a rare thing for him to do b/c he is normally a deep sleeper. Well, after about 3 hours of him kicking and hogging the bed, Aaron got up and took him back to his own room. When we were on the way to school this morning, I asked Cade how his night went. He said that he slept good, but that he talked with Jesus.
"What?" I asked, "you talked to Jesus?"
"Yes, mom. After you said prayers with me I started getting scared again about having ghosts in my room and so I did what you told me to do and I prayed that Jesus would help me not be afraid. Thats when he answered me."
"Well, what did he say?"
"He told me that he would take care of all the ghosts and that I was to get a good nights sleep for school in the morning."
"Wow, buddy. That is awesome."
"Mom, I asked Jesus about you as well and he said he was taking care of you and me during this time. It is going to be ok."
By now my heart was beating fast and I certainly was having doubts as to whether or not he really heard from the Lord, all at the same time confessing to Him for not having childlike faith.
When I questioned Cade about it some more, he was like, "mooommm! Did you hear me the first time? That is exactly what he said." I felt properly chastised by a 5 year old. First for doubting, and then for questioning. What a huge life lesson here. Before we pulled into school he said, "mom, Jesus said that He gave us this house we are in as a blessing and he wants us to be blessed by it. He told me we would be here a while and we wouldn't be moving anywhere for a long time." Now I KNOW there is NO possible way that he could have made that part up. I am getting chills again just writing this.
I told Cade that he needed to treasure these things in his heart and remember them always. He told me that he had already told Jesus he would and that he had tube that ran from his brain to his heart to store things. He said, "mom, after Jesus and I quit talking I wasn't afraid anymore and I did what he told me to do and went right to sleep."
What a timely encouragement for me today. Today of all days, my son tells me these things. I am taking his advice and storing them away in my heart to bolster my faith, encourage myself and others, and proclaiming that yes, this is (indeed) the day that the Lord has made. Every day is. It is our job to choose whether or not we are going to rejoice in it.
So incredible . . . the faith of a child! I love his "tube" :) And praising the Lord with you that you are on this side of the cancer-you are amazing, Erin!
ReplyDeleteErin, That was the most beautiful conversation a little boy and Jesus could have....It is gonna be alright your son has heard it straight from our Father...Take heart and always remember what he said to you...You have a child that is so very special To Jesus and I believe God has a Big job for that little boy some day but for now it looks as though he has a bigger job keeping his mommy encouraged and letting her know all is well....Wow that story is a treasure!! I got tears in my eyes when I read it...You have a little man of God!!! I am so happy for you Erin, your life is going to take some turns in the future...You have much ministering to do...God is so good and he has blessed your family beyond measure!!!! Be excited for what is to come!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! That's so wonderful how He used your precious Cade to encourage your heart! Beautiful!!! And HALLELUJAH that you are now finished with your treatments! I'm super happy for you! Have a great weekend! Love ya.
ReplyDelete