Reviews & Such things!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things.....

A while back, someone wrote and asked if I could put down a few of my favorite things as far as cleaners go. I am probably way behind the times on this, but it is never to late to start!  Most of you probably already do this, and knew this,  but to the few who don't and for you who have asked- enjoy! =)

-Dry Laundry Detergent: 2 cups Fels Naptha Soap (shredded)
                               1 Cup Washing Soda
                               1 Cup Borax

             Mix it up in a large bowl; pour into a sealed container, and use 1 Tablespoon per load. Cleans, smells, and works great! A little OC (organizationally concerned)  =) on this, but on the outside of my container, I use a "Command Picture Hanging strip/hook" and hang my Teaspoon on that. Works great and it never gets lost.

-Fabric Softener: Vinegar in a Downy Ball. Along with the (obvious) Bounce Bar or Dryer sheets.

             Removes the musty/water smell from the clothes and towels and always smells fresh!

-Shower cleaner: The verdict is out on this one. I LOVE the smell of a clean bathroom, but have NEVER found anything healthy with which to use to remove soap scum from the shower/tub floor....until now. I use baking soda and then pour Lemon Juice over that to begin fizzing. Let it set for about 10 minutes, and take a brush and scrub away. At first I will admit....I had some serious work to do, but maintaining it is a breeze! Smells great too!
-Shower/glass doorsNew or used fabric softener sheets; slightly dampened they remove all of the soap scum and also leave a protective layer of resistance from build up forming. Awesome!

-Multipurpose cleaner: While white vinegar works great on everything, there is the skeptic in all of us that says "does this really CLEAN well?" The answer is yes! Mirrors, toilets, tubs/showers, sinks, garbage disposals, etc. vinegar and water are great. (for the garbage disposal I freeze white vinegar in ice cube trays and send them through every other week.)

-Another Multipurpose/Disinfectant cleaner that I use is this: 2 teaspoons Borax
                                                                        1/2 teaspoon Washing Soda
                                                                        2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
                                                                        4 Tablespoons White Vinegar
                                                                        3 Cups HOT Water        
              
           Dissolve the dry ingredients into the hot water and then add the rest of the liquid. Pour into a large spray bottle and you're done. 

Mirrors/Windows: Vinegar and water

Voila! A healthier and inexpensive way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment