Do you ever find yourself so wound tight that you feel like a rubberband about to snap in two?
Yesterday was a day like that for me. I mean I had a throw your hands in the air, stomp in place, adult sized fit. Yep. Pretty bad.
The Roto-Rooter guy came out to attempt to fix what the other one didn't and left without doing a thing. While on the phone with them, they hung up on me twice and the kind *ahem* gentleman told me that it was useless to be upset about their "delays" and it was perfectly normal for them to have me wait since 9am (the time that THEY THEMSELVES set up) until 3:05pm ( but who's counting?) when he actually shows up.
Poor man didn't know what hit him when he got here. I was completly calm, but I asked him to put the shoe on the other foot: After you have been waiting since last Thursday, with STANDING sewage in your basement, paying $700+ and still no answers- wouldn't you be a little be put out as well? He agreed and then told me to call the sewer clean out people again. Brave soul
So here we sit. Almost a week later. Nothing has changed except my attitude. I realized after I got so mad I was shaking. Shaking people...over the sewer problem. Wow. I had no idea that I was wound so tight. I felt like losing it for sure earlier in the day, but after attending Mom's In Touch I felt relieved. Better. The calm confrontation could probably be attributed to that.
My heart gets so caught off guard these days. I have to let the Lord have firm control over my emotions. No, not because of Menopause, but because of fears, and simply being overwhelmed by life and family issues that no one but the Lord can dissolve. I dislike almost every part of it, but that is what he has given me. It is my choice how I live with them, but this moment is all we really have.
James writes: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4
Do I really want to lose it over the septic system? Seriously Erin, get a grip! I take comfort in the fact that scripture tells us to "consider it." Obviously someone else needed to be reminded. Hopefully another mom like myself, working to be a godly wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter, etc.
I don't want to be so wound tight. I don't want to lack anything. In order for perseverance to finish it's work, I must keep on keeping on with what I have been given and consider it joy. Pure joy. Wound tightly with faith in Jesus, the perfector.
No comments:
Post a Comment