Today is ICY and yuck! BUT- Happy New Year's Eve everyone!
May this one be your finest year yet!
Yesterday we went for an appt. with the General Surgeon who did my surgery. Wonderful guy that he is, took one of my drains out! PTL it was the one that I could feel and it was getting quite painful. The ironic thing is, when they removed it- I couldn't feel a thing! I will leave it at that b/c it was disgusting!
The numbness/pain that I have will subside some once the nerves calm down but it is permanent. Disappointed, but I can handle that. I sort of knew that going in.
Also, only two of the nine lymph nodes that they took were positive for cancer. this is very good news. He looked at us yesterday and said, "I am shocked! I knew for sure you had at least 5-6 involved, but only two were positive!" Aaron and I just looked at each other and smiled....that has God all over it. I had specifically prayed that He would hold the boundaries of this cancer back to just the one side and the two nodes that I could feel (if there had to be some involved) and if it was anywhere else that He draw it in. I truly believe He did. He came, He answered, and He alone is worthy!
My results showed that it was negative for any aggressive type of cancer. They know what it is sensitive to and will act accordingly. Praise His name! At this point they don't think it has spread....I will still undergo multiple tests, etc. Continued prayers are appreciated. It makes me nervous, but to see how He is working in this I feel He has a plan in this for me that does not end here. I have a feeling I will be telling this story a lot in the many years ahead.
Did you know.....that the American Cancer Society/Association calls each cancer patient individually and offers anything (most things) that they may need- free? Incredible! They told me that most people don't know about it and hang up thinking it is a prank call or someone asking for donations. What they do is ask your exact diagnosis, put you in contact with a survivor of the same and they(the survivor) become your contact. They then proceed to ask what your needs are, ie: prosthetics, wigs, co-pays, etc. They have funds set aside and if your Ins. covers, great, but if not- they give you a sum of money specifically towards co-pays. I have found my new cause that I am going to be giving to. What a wonderful way to "bless" people in this time of their life. Suddenly you don't feel so alone. I have to admit. I was tearful even having that conversation with them. Sometimes it still just doesn't seem real. "Me?" Wow!
Tomorrow I am heading out to get my new "do". I decided it would be easier to cut my hair shorter now, to better handle the falling out process. Plus, I can take my hair and have a wig made to mimic my new do. Short hair is much easier to manage and to immitate. Hopefully I won't look too obvious.
We have explained this process to Cade and he just looked at me and said, "Well mom, I think you are going to look like a boy, but if you're OK with that, so am I. That's just wierd! First you lost your "bumps" and now your hair. I hope they know what they are doing!" (Me too) =) I love this boy!!!
Aaron and Cade are doing well. They have been AWESOME at helping me with stuff around the house and are my biggest cheerleaders for getting better. They both are handling this extremely well. We all have our moments, but at those times, we just re-group and pray- a LOT. When my faith grows weak, Aaron just steps in and says something like, "Erin, I truly believe that this is the platform that God is using in your life that will glorify Him the best. I think He wants to use you as a voice and as for me, I am so sorry and grieved that you have to go through this. It hurts to watch you have to walk this but I believe He is healing/healed you and now it is your responsibility to not waste this, but to use it for HIS glory. You can do this. You were made for this. I'm with you on this every step." What a guy!!! I LOVE my boys! They are the best! =)
I will post some pics soon. Much love!
A big AMEN to what Aaron told you! Through these trials and fire you ARE being refined. God has huge plans to redeem all of this for his honor and glory. Think of the thousands of people who have been praying for you, and have seen huge answers of prayers. Think of the countless people in similar situations in the future you will be able to reach out to, encourage, and bless in ways many of us can never do. God is in control -- he knows what he is doing!
ReplyDeleteIt breaks my heart also that you and your family are having to go through this, but I know God is with you in the fire, and God will be with you on the other side as well. Praying for continued strength, healing, peace, and blessings for you and your boys!
So, I love the quips & quotes that little Cader continues to come up with :) Can't wait to see your new hair style, too! You are such a blessing, even while walking through this incredibly difficult time. Your faith is rock-solid, and such an inspiration! Love you, girl!
ReplyDeleteErin, rejoicing with you guys that only 2 of your lymph nodes were affected, and that it's not an aggressive type! Yippee! PTL!!! :) I also think that it's a great idea what you are doing... getting a new hair-do, and then using your own hair for your next newest do! So great that they can do that! :) Oh, I wish I could meet your Cade, he sounds just adorable! And I'm so glad that you have someone as wonderful as Aaron by your side through all of this! You are such a beautiful woman of His! Love you! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete