Reviews & Such things!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Joy"...

This post/picture is for my mom...=)

Several years ago, my grandma McDonald sent me this wall decor for Christmas. It became a saying between us that we would use to overcome lifes circumstances, especially the ones we couldn't change.

The morning of surgery (when this was taken) I decided to get up and fix my hair- yes in curlers- because I wanted to do my part. I told the Lord that I believed He was going to show up and work miracles in this situation, so I wanted to follow with my actions. I wanted to look good for the Lord when He came to work His wonders in surgery.

He came, I have no doubt, and He is challenging me to hold true to this saying. It's really "living." It's learning to enjoy ALL of "life." And having "Joy" in its "full" sense of the word.

Will you/I cry in life? YES Will you/I get mad? Absolutely
The goal here isn't to avoid these real and raw emotions. It is to work through them. They are put in us to OVERCOME these trials. Its a natural "vent" built in. Believe me, the Lord put them there and He is more than able to handle them. I don't have tons of "medical experience" but from what I have seen/heard, a "flat line" means you're dead. The opposite (the up and downs, spikes and dips) reveal that we are very much alive. I don't know about you, but I will take the ups and downs, the spikes and dips. I wouldn't want to be recognized for living the "flat line" life. I'm not sure that even characterizes "life."

Ending here with more words from my G'ma that she has learned, "Live your life in such a way that when you die they have to push you into the grave and say with awe, excitement, (and possibly envy)- WHAT A LIFE!"

As I write this I am sore, bruised, held together by a thin thread (literally). Believe me, if there is a strong wind- I'm in trouble. This was on my mind to write not b/c I have something great to say, but I wanted to encourage you:

LIVE your LIFE, JOYFULLY.

4 comments:

  1. Erin, this was an encouragement to me. I really needed to hear that today. Thank-you! Love the picture of you in your curlers... you are so cute! :) Continuing to remember you in my thoughts and hope you have a great day of rest and that you feel better soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep all of us up to date, and for being such an encouragement to all who read this. As I was praying for you and your family last night, I began wondering how Aaron and Cade are doing, so I thought I'd ask. How are they doing? I know this has to be a very difficult time for them too, and they remain in my prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin your such an encouragement!! Live life joyfully!!! Thanks for the reminder. Thinking and praying for you. - Loralee

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post expresses what I remember most about you, JOY! We are so blessed to know you. Peace.

    ReplyDelete