Reviews & Such things!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Are they here yet?"

Have you ever heard that phrase over and over?

Thanksgiving is fast upon us. Grandma and Grandpa are due in tomorrow. Someone small, in this house, cannot wait. He is anxiously awaiting. I would have said patiently, but apparently, he thinks if he can be a stinker for his mom, then that would hasten the arrival of his beloved grandparents. =)
That being said, he is diligently working on it and here is what we he has been up to.

While decorating the tree, he added his own decoration.....


He was greatly disappointed when I told him that my resistance bands could not be a part of the Christmas celebration this year. I came in as my pillows and blanket were being wrapped up....but we finally finished.


My 'Merry Christmas' sign is still waiting to be hung....but now we are ready to open presents with Grandma and Grandpa on Wednesday when they get here. Nothing like an little early present to get you in the holiday spirit!

When I picked up Cade from school, he was full of it cheer.  He told me that though he forgets to wear his underwear sometimes, he always checks to make sure the barn door is closed. "Especially this time of year, mom!" - I didn't even bother to ask him if today was one of those days.

He is really into showing his muscles...so all I have to say is, "I am looking for someone strong to ____...." and he jumps to the task. He is always very serious and then finds time to come over after he is done and asks me if I want to feel his muscles. LOL!

Cade has been a big help, along with Aaron in assiting with cleaning, etc. They make a game with the poor vaccum. Screams, wrestling, chasing each other with "the shark", and knocking things over. But alas, the carpet is always clean when they are done...and no permanent damage has happened. Besides, the memories and the time spent together is priceless!

Last night when they were performing using the vaccum, Cade brings out his trash can and dumps it in front of the vaccum and says..."Let's see if it can pick THIS up, dad!" The look of excited wonder that was written on his face was worth a million bucks. It was even more hilarious to look at Aaron's expression b/c as I was asking Cade what he was doing, he pipes up with....."I was just copying dad!" As you can see, I just don't ask a lot of questions around here. Beggers can't be choosers when you need help...and at the end of the day- does it really matter?  Not ONE bit.

I am going to make a paper chain for him so he can count the hours. It will give him something to do. He is off school tomorrow and will be chomping at the bit knowing that anytime he will see grandpa's car and have unlimited attention from loved ones.

Isn't that just like us all? Who wouldn't love to be loved on...coddled....spoiled rotten....read to....have a ready advocate to get you out of trouble with your parents....spoiled.....spoiled....and spoiled?

I hope whoever you are waiting for this holiday season, does just that.

Hold on to them tightly and enjoy.

I hope you have something to be thankful for this year. I hope a wonderful year is awaiting you and yours. Blessing upon blessing, there is always something to be thankful for! God is good. Always. Forever. I hope you are anxiously awaiting something, someone or a blessing with the same anticipation that is here at our house...and can say with Joy...."Are they here yet?"

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

2 comments:

  1. This is PRICELESS!!!!! Been a long time since we all did a Thanksgiving together as families but those are incredible memories for ALL of us! Have an awesome time and give your folks (and each other) a hug from all of us here in Wisconsin!!! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot to be thankful for and I'm the one saying "are they here yet" this years because this is the year all five kids & families are coming home for thanksgiving. We know that with all of them grown and most of them married, this will not happen often. So I'm going to enjoy the grown kids and spoil the granddaughters as much as I can.
    have a happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete