Reviews & Such things!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Just a quick hello!

Good morning!

It has been a little bit, but I wanted to sit down and write a quick hello! =)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Having mom and dad here was a great blessing as well as a fun time! We ate, laughed, ate, shopped, ate, worked, and ate some more....did you do the same?

This time of year is always great for reflecting. And also refining. I have been taking time and doing both everyday. Some of what I am finding I am not so proud of, and others, it is astounding how the Lord works. And it is truly HIS work. None of us would be anywhere or capable of anything without His sustaining, all sufficient love, guidance, and even his allowing us to make choices. He is GOOD. Don't ever forget that.

I was able to see my neices and nephews....what a joy! They are growing up so fast and each one gifted, and blessed with unique and awesome personalities! LOVE them!

My friend Kristi came on Wednesday, and I was able to spend some great girl time with her and then share dinner later that evening with her and her husband Kirk. They used to pastor the church we attend before they were called out to Idaho. We were so very glad to have seen them and to be able to visit.  Kristi also (I will blame her) got me started on my new hobby. Jewelry making. It is quite addicting! I will post pictures soon....but I am working on some gifts just now, so it will have to wait just a bit.

This weekend one of my best friends, Megan, is flying in to see me. How exciting is that? I get to be her "birthday" gift of sorts. I am looking foward to the great laughs which are sure to be had, along with the time we can talk. I am sure there will be tears, but happy ones. Thankful ones. The only thing missing this weekend would be Christy, our dear friend from Rosedale. The three of us struck up an unlikely friendship- unlikely because Christy was perfect and Megan was nearing sainthood and then there was me, who was awkward and still finding my way. (and still am) I have been blessed by these women and love them more because of it. Perhaps we can get a skype call in to her ( she is in another country). Can't wait!

So, now you can see... between visiting and Christmas shopping, there really hasn't been much time to write. I have been helping out with my father in law as well. If you could, keep him in your prayers. More on that later.

Over all, I am thankful. Thankful to see Christmas; Thankful to see Jesus in all of this past year, and thankful that He is still with me as EMMANUEL.

Hope your day is filled with merry and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment