Reviews & Such things!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Resting.....AGAIN....=)

Here I sit once more.....resting.

Came home from the Hospital on Friday. Things went well, surgery was a success.

Went to the ER last evening due to getting sick to my stomach. All is well. They sent me home with some meds for nausea. That helps! Who knew you're supposed to eat when you take your meds....but how do you do that when you can't eat and keep anything down? And who knew that just because you don't feel pain your still supposed to take your pain meds for at least a couple of days? Not sure on that one. Thankfully, all is well and I am feeling great today. Just tired. Very tired.

My stomach doesn't hurt at all. Surprisingly it feels mostly like sore muscles once in a while, but then again, for some reason with surgeries, I have a crazy deal with pain. I just can't feel it. I know (NOW) when I am in it because I get dizzy, sick to my stomach and pass out. Crazy, right? Well, as soon as they gave me meds thru an IV, I felt great, but couldn't tell you what specifically felt better because nothing hurt. The ER doctor was so great. He said that people have different responses and he has seen others with the same thing, it is rare, but very real. So glad to have someone understand! LOL! It is round the clock for me. Timer setting, etc. I went in thinking I had maybe gotten the flu or something was obstructed, only to find out I needed to take my pain meds more regularly. How embarrassing!

You would have laughed if you could have seen me. Slowly walking thru the doors, my hair was sticking up all over the place, in my PJ's, with my puke bowl. To top it all off...I still have to wear the support hose they give you for surgery. H.O.T. Let me tell you. It was a stiff competition between me and everyone else's grandmothers.

Needless to say, I am happy to be home, and happy to be resting. My little guy has been spending a couple days with some friends. He is doing well. When I came home and he saw me, he just cried and cried and said that he wished things could go back to the way they were before I had cancer. Me too, buddy.

While I was waiting to go in for surgery I prayed that the Lord would show me a butterfly. Just to let me know He was still there. That seems to be His sign for me. Right before going in, they handed me a rehab pillow for holding my stomach with. It had church's and stars. I had been looking at the pillow and holding it for almost 30 mins. when Aaron says: "Hey look! There's your butterfly!" Sure enough, right on the tag was a big, multicolored butterfly. God is so good.

He is with me and today we are resting....again. =)
Thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Erin! So glad to hear that you are home now and that surgery went well. You are so funny, my friend! I can just see you walking into the ER in your 'tights' and puke bowl! I had to wear those same tights after my c-section. Fun stuff! I hope that you are able to rest, rest, rest now, as that is what your body needs. Thanks so much for posting and letting us know how you are doing. I'm praying for you. Love you girl!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete