Reviews & Such things!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Decorations and Celebrations....

Today was and is such a great day! For many reasons. Here are a few:

-This is one of the last Fridays that Aaron has off (before switching over to a different dept.) so we use it as our date day! (And I already claimed his last two)

-We are taking care of Aaron's dad as his mom is away on vacation. It is always fun to spend time with him. Aaron stayed with him Wednesday night and all of us stayed last night and then overnight tonight as well. He is getting more and more of his speech back, so it is kind of like seeing the Old Dave, again. Wow! Have we missed him!

-Mom and Dad bought me a 9ft pre-lit tree! Love me some Christmas! =) Anyhow, it was delivered yesterday, and yes- it went up today. Mom and Dad are visiting us soon and wanted to help out...so they get to help with decorating the house and remodeling the basement. Good times!

-The sun is GORGEOUS!!! What a beautiful day!

-Aaron bought me a new kitchen faucet and is installing it as we speak.

Over all, just a great day. Lots of projects done, and quality time spent together! We love doing do-it-yourself projects, and I enjoy marking it of the "list" even more! (he does too!) I (for the first time) just get to sit down and watch...which is why the marking off of things is a big deal...at least I can contribute. Something.

Yesterday I over-did it just a bit. Who  knew hanging curtains could cause problems? Plus I had the terrible case of the "sneezes". (imagine your eyes popping out of your head) Oops. Busted. (Again) =) I was honest and told the Dr what I done...and he laughed! He said if I had some energy to burn off...I needed to go outside and walk. Funny thing is, it comes in spurts. Most of the time I look like a little old lady walking around. The rest of the time you wouldn't know anything was wrong....until I overdo. That is the tricky part. I can drive, but not lift. Walk, but not run. Slow on the stairs, but no vaccuming. Clean, but don't shove things around. Argh. Hows a girl on pain meds to remember all this stuff especially when you are sooo used to doing it? That's a mystery! One I am working on solving, apparently by experience.

NO, I didn't put the tree up. It came in three pieces, with all the branches on hinges. The most I did was pull them down into place. They literally just drop into their position and I plugged it in. It even has a remote with it so I don't have to keep reaching down to plug it in. Love it!

Don't get me wrong....today isn't a good day simply because we bought a few things. Its a good day to live. To enjoy. To learn.  To celebrate. To decorate.

Here's an odd twist for you.....Aaron moved the dresser to do some wiring, and guess what I found? My mammogram films from 6/26/09...results? No findings. Normal. What a difference a year and a half made. Though I won't be decorating anything with those things, I just found it odd that I would find those, almost a year after I found my cancer. Just one more reason I have to celebrate today, being on THIS side of things.

Life is Good. But with God, it is so much better. His birth just gives me one more reason to decorate, and a million more reasons to celebrate!

(I will post pictures soon. Stay tuned...)

No comments:

Post a Comment