Yes; I think you would feel the same way. =) These things are NEVER easy. I don't like to be under anesthetic, have pain meds and require help to do basic things. I am a go-get'er so when I am down I start to get restless.
This go round, being the third surgery of the year, I decided I would be more prepared. More organized.
So, here's what I've been up to....
Laundry, laundry and more laundry. Tyring to get everything washed, dried, ironed, and put away. Bedding, winter clothes and regular apparrel.
Stocking up on reading supplies. I LOVE the Library! =)
Collecting more paperwork, preparation stuff, and more paperwork for filing purposes. You should see the envelope for cancer reciepts and papers.....our tax lady is going to LOVE us this year! =)
Making lists and more lists of things to do and remember. This looks pretty good. I was able to do a lot yesterday...but the post-it above the pen has about 13 tasks crammed on it of things to clean and remember not to forget. LOL!
My rapidly growing shopping list.
Cade is making his own preparations:
Not really sure what the hanger is for, but the animals and the pillows are for me to love on while I am down and so I won't be lonely. He would like you to know their names...I won't point them out, you can just guess: Melvin, Mr. Frog, Lamby, Lambkins, Turtle, Frogger, Alligator Manners, Yertle, and Horton. I don't think I will lack for entertainment.
Here is a funny I will tell on myself.
Yesterday Cade was home with an ear infection. While that part isn't funny, the rest of the day was. I had called his ENT, thinking that he would just call me in a Rx, like he usually does. Not yesterday. We had to get ready and go in for an appointment.
In the meantime, I notice that I am starting to have cold symptoms and feel really sore under my arm, and neck. So, I call my surgeon and they decide that I too need to be seen. Perfect.
I take Cade in, and we were early, they put us in a room and forget about us. Literally. A half hour into it, I walk up to the front desk and ask if we had been forgotten. "No" they assured me. So I go back in and wait some more all the while listening as they page the nurse that took us back 4 times! She had gone to lunch. I wasn't upset, just starting to get put out....I had a lot to do that day, and didn't have time for a sick kid let alone a long wait in a stuffy room. 35 minutes later Mr. Doctor comes in and the first thing he says, "We forgot about you in here! I am so sorry. I wasn't late and we wrote you down as a no show."
His nurse returned from her lunch and was ticked...get this: AT ME.
I decided that perhaps her blood sugar was low and Ms. Grumpy Pants should take a longer lunch next time.
So, we made a couple of stops to finish out our costumes for the evening activites, and rounded off our trip with a stop at Grandma's. Everyone knows that Grandma's are good for lovin, huggin, candy, and sympathy when you are sick. That's where that boy wanted to go, so I obliged and we had a great visit, only as we were getting ready to leave, Cade notices that my keys are missing. They are in the car. And the car is locked.
*Sigh*
I want you to know- I have NEVER done this. EVER. I can't say the same about locking myself out of the house, but the car? Nope.
Did I mention that I have been a little busy lately? And also that the three times I locked myself out of the house was within the past month? Yes, you read it correctly- 3 times in 4 weeks. What a dork.
Aaron is a gem. Seriously. He laughs at me when I do this stuff. I thought for sure I was going to get a reprimand at least, but no...he just says something about chemo brain and pregnancy brain (he is speaking from previous experience) going hand in hand, and has a great time telling his friends at work about his wife and her crazy shenanigans.
The issue resolved itself when I got ahold of our great friend Erik who happens to be a State Trooper. He was able to unlock the car AFTER I had to leave WITHOUT my purse. I took my mother in laws vehicle, sped the whole way there. I wasn't sure how to really tell him that I had to leave....with out my license. But I did and he was gracious. =)
I would like to say that my 'key' story ended there, but this morning when I went to take Cade to school he found my keys. In the door. I had come in, locked the door with my keys still hanging in the lock the night before and never realized until this morning.
Getting back to the nervous thing....I don't know if it is nerves, or just plain overwhelmed with all this stuff. But, you gotta give a girl a break and laugh with her.
Laughter is such good medicine!
Hey Erin, :) Thanks for sharing about your day! It's great that you can see the humor in things... that can be a challenge for me at times! Also, it looks like you are doing great with all of your preparations for your upcoming surgery. (When exactly is it?) My mother-in-law just had the same surgery that you are going to have. Her's went well, and I trust that yours will too! I've been thinking about you a lot and will be praying for you. Love you friend!
ReplyDeleteChristy