So many nights of late, have been spent laying wide awake and just thinking. No, not even worrying. Just thinking. Sometimes my mind is so full and my body is too tired to write at 2am. so I just think and consider all that I am grateful for:
-Aaron and Cade
-Family and Friends
-Bloodwork coming back normal
-Medicine to make the sick well
-The healing power of the Creator who is able to do exceedingly more than just healing
-And time
I don't have a lot to say except sharing about today. I could tell I needed to write again b/c I was beginning to withdrawl. Like I said before that is my "normal" way of doing things. Just sort of shut down and go thru it myself, but as I have previously shared, the Lord is asking for something more...surrender and vulnerability/humility go hand in hand. SO here goes....
Today in church I was playing the Keyboard and we were right in the middle of singing a chorus...."You are the God who saves us....worthy of all our praises...Hosanna" when I look up and see every single woman in the sanctuary had pinned a large pink awareness ribbon to their shirts in support of me. I cried some, but came home and sobbed this evening.
The same was true a little bit later....
The ladies had gotten together and put on a meal followed by a Hat and Scarf Party. I did OK during the party, but as I was sorting and writing thankyou notes, my heart was so full and my eyes spilled over.
It is awkward. I have always been on the giving side of things and finding myself on the recieving end is a constant battle with my pride. It is moments like those mentioned above, where I am allowed to fall, but on to a soft landing (the arms of friends and ALWAYS in the arms of Jesus).
I thought I would share a picture that was taken this summer of several of us "girls" when we were at a class party. There is such a parallel of our life in this snapshot. Sometimes we are on the top and other times we are on the bottom. Each position has its pressure points and we all feel it if one of us is off, so much like life. At times we all fall together, but the beauty of friendships is this....a multiple-stranded cord is rarely broken. We try, try and try again until we succeed. Together, united- we can do anything! It is up to each of us to do our part and keep carrying on....

Erin,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your thoughts and revelations with all of us.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you
and give you peace.
Shalom,
Juli