Today finds us going outside to play in our rapidly decreasing snow. We live at the back of a culdesac, where they pile the snow in our front yard. Since we have such an abundance right now, we are making a little snow family. (will post pics later) My job is to collect enough carrots and eyes and mouths for each member of the "family."
Hair cuts for the boys after that. I did notice my hair is getting thinner. I cried and cried today when I realized what was happening. I guess that is why making the snow family seems like so much fun- a diversion, but a much needed one at that! By this coming Thursday, my hair should be gone. Crazy to think about much less go through. I plan on cutting my hair on Wed. or sooner if necessary. Have I mentioned lately that there are times where I just HATE this?
Blessings are abundant as we have had meals each week, this week bringing them to a close. Such a wonderful gift from our faith family! They have helped with Cade, etc. I felt pretty good thru my treatment and then for two days afterward just felt SO incredibly tired. It felt like a lead suit of armor that I was dragging with me. As quick as it came on, it was gone on Thursday pm. Almost 36 hours after my first dose. I have to go in every day for the 8 weeks for injections to keep my white blood cell count up. Praying that everything stays on track! Lord willing if it does...I will be able to make my brothers wedding in July. I will finish the last of my treatment on the 21st and his wedding is the 23rd. I have high hopes....=) (and also a large dose of reality...but one can still hope!)
Had a great evening last night with some friends who have just had a little boy of their own! What a blessed addition to their family! It was fun to hold a newborn again. No, it didn't put me in the mood for another...if anything, confirmed to me that we are done at least for now (besides every time we "say" we are going to do this or that, the Lord has other plans)....now it is time to love on everyone elses! I LOVE that part! =) Who doesn't like little babies???Many of you knew that we were going through Catholic Charities to adopt a little girl. Oddly enough, we found out we were done and ready to go basically the same day I found out I had cancer. Crazy, huh? We have since put that on hold and are seeking wisdom on this. They have you wait in these types of situations, but it also limits you(us) getting chosen b/c of my diagnosis. Each time we have gotten to this part, there has been some situation or other come up making it impossible. I am finally content with just one if that is to be. And perhaps should have been here at this place all along. Either way, we are OK, and moving forward to a new and exciting season in life....being DONE with cancer, and in the direction of ministry the Lord desires.
Looking forward to this week. We have so many fun things planned. Carefully, yes, but FUN is involved! As most of you know, we were blessed to have two wonderful little boys with us for almost 9 months. They are now with their soon to be adoptive parents and guess what? If all goes as planned, we get to see them on Monday! I am SO excited about this! They are both doing great and have WONDERFUL parents, whose love and devotion to them have brought them through SO incredibly much! We were so thankful to be part of their lives then, and now, in any way, big or small. It has been almost a year since we have seen them last. Yes, I will have my camera, but will check with their mama for if and when I can post. God is Good! My heart is full, but loving the fact that He knows just when to send us a smile on days like today, full of this and that.....
thanks for sharing about your two little boys. I've been wondering how they are doing. I'm so glad to hear the good news!Praise God!!
ReplyDelete