Tonight at bedtime, Cade launched into one of his "Chats". Let me say first off- I LOVE THEM!!! At 4 1/2 he is ready to take on the world with his wit and wisdom.
That being said, he turns to me as I begin praying and says, "Mom, what is sin?"
I explain to him exactly what it is. The wrong we do when we know we shouldn't. Sometimes doing things, saying things, or thinking things that are wrong. Or ignoring God- these are just a few we talked about. So he listens and then (no kidding) says, "mom, so when we do these and ask the Lord to forgive us for these things, will we keep doing them or do we stop?" ????(insert a pause) I explained that we should stop and do a 180 turn, learn from our mistakes and keep marching. He asks, "Well, what does God do with our sin? Does He have a great big dumpster for it? That has to smell if He does have one, and it should be HUGE because if everyone in our church sinned that would fill it right up." Me: "you are right Cade- we would fill it up. The saddest part is, is that the whole world sins and sins and sins. That would take too many dumpsters, more than we could count to keep it contained. It makes the heart of God so sad that something had to be done about it. The Bible tells us that He takes our sins and throws them as far as the East is from the West. But first, He sent His son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so that all men could know what forgiveness is, if they ask for forgiveness and humble themselves by confessing the wrong they have done as sin, and ask the Lord Jesus Himself to come and live inside your heart then we can know for sure that we are saved." (John 3:16)
"Mom, what about the crackers and the juice part?" " Well, that is just that, crackers and juice. Niether one holds any power, but we take these two things as a reminder of what the Lord has done for us and to thank Him."
"But mom, you said it was communion and I know I have heard some people call it 'the Lord of the supper'."
"Yes, Cade, it is the Lord's supper."
"Well, when you finish praying make sure we thank God for throwing all our sin as far as He could. I don't want that stuff laying around."
From the mouths of babes- some of the deepest truths.
No comments:
Post a Comment