Reviews & Such things!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Home Sweet Home....

Home and resting. Feels like I have been punched in the shoulder- HARD! Really different feeling. They put this triangular looking port under my skin approx. 3 inches below my collar bone. It has a long catheter tubing attached that goes thru the vein under my collar bone and down by my heart. (Note to self: read/see the picture AFTER surgery.) That really grossed me out! =)

Thanks so much for your prayers! It was funny b/c I was looking for a butterfly and didn't see one....until the surgical tech turned around and had one on her head wear! That was cool!

Also, the nurse that I had told me his wife had the same thing I did. She was 29 when she was diagnosed and that was six years ago. She is doing great. They too have one little boy. Isn't it awesome how the Lord works? Just enough encouragement, right when you need it.

Was able to see my good friend Missi while there too!

I'm still a little dizzy from the meds/anesthetic so I'm headed back to the Lazy-boy. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Erin I am praying for your during this time! I received your blog information from my friend Kara Tramp. I was diagnosed on 1-11-1 with breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for reading and commenting! If you like, My email is: aleighshafer@aol.com
    Would love to talk if you get this! Thanks,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete