This week Cade has had the flu. As I have said before, I cannot complain b/c he has never had it. At least the stomach bug. He wasn't even sure what happened. =) Thankful it was just once! The headache, fever and aches hung on a little longer, but we are again PTL that Aaron and I haven't had the same. That would not be good right now!
Chemo begins on Monday. Crazy how fast things come up on you when you are really dreading it! Lord willing I will have little to NO side effects! I am still not "OK" w/ being bald, but perhaps it is just more of what I am expecting to feel than the actual going bald part itself....if that makes any sense. I see my Oncologist today for the orders and bld wk. I will just say that averaging 3 appts. per week is getting OLD. Just complaining here a little, sorry!
This week has allowed me to catch up on so many meaningful phone conversations w/ friends near and far. I am looking forward to much more of this. It has really amazed me w/ how precious and meaningful friendship is. There are some friends that you wish you could erase some of the history w/ but keep only the good parts, and still others where the history is priceless and you could never replace it! I don't know how people can be an island during times like these- take that back- I CAN see how they could, but why would you when you have so many awesome people who are ready and willing to help you, pray for you, or just send you a note? It helps to be carried. This is teaching me a great deal about how to BE a friend and realize just how wonderful the friends that I have are.
Sunday, my friends are giving me a Hat and Scarf party. It is where they make or bring one of the above to the party for me and we just celebrate. Celebrate life, friendship and each season thru this. There is going to me a yummy meal followed by delicious cake and wonderful fellowship. How awesome is that? More than the food, I was thinking about the caring, and outpouring of love. Friends that go to that length to make you feel overwhelmed with love and showing in every way just how much they care and wish to be involved....thru the good and the bad is truly humbling. They have been there with tears when they don't know what to say, and then again with laughter, as there are truly hilarious things that happen. It is OK to laugh. How thankful I am for that! I hope I have the biggest smile/laugh wrinkles when I am old, and look back on this time with a smile...and gratefulness, for the beautiful gift of FRIENDS!
Look at those beauties in the background! That is TRUE support...cameras and a good laugh ready! BTW...be on the lookout for the "blue"....=)
L to R: Heather, Rachelle, Jana, Teresa, Jerilyn, myself, Terry, and Amanda was taking the pic., Angie had to leave prior to this...but what a group! I am incredibly blessed by ALL of my wonderful, beautiful friends!You all are priceless. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Erin, what an incredible blessing that you have such a support team of friends! I love the photos... of you in your "dashing" blue wig and your friends gathered round, smiling and taking pictures. You are a really good sport about all of this, and it's beautiful to see. Hope you had a fun time at your "scarf and hat" party, and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, as you begin this next step in your treatment. I love you.
ReplyDeleteChristy