Reviews & Such things!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Lady in "Red"......

I love the color RED. I always have. It is such a happy, cheerful color!
I wasn't loving it so much today when they came in with the chemo med and it was bright red....and called the "RED DEVIL". Wonderful! Could I have two??!?!?!? Sounds great! (just kidding) Actually, she had to hand give it thru my port but pushing thru a syringe. It took about an hour and she had about 8 huge syringes full. I'm not stingy, she could have shared the rest with someone else! The next one took about 1.5 hours. Let's just say they have a loose time schedule there....I arrived at 10 am for my appt. and just got home @ 6:30pm!
Feeling queasy and not into food at all. Not bad however, after getting home and warm again.
Don't know if this is normal or not, but hotflashes have begun. (sorry guys) WOW! Plus what goes in red, exits the same way...disturbing I know. When reading the side effects makes you want to run for the hills, but then again go and read the back of a Tylenol bottle!
Praying my way through this...moment by moment. Yes, God is STILL good. I came home and cried. I hate feeling sick and tired. Today was the first day I woke up to no pain and really feeling good. Now to this is disappointing, but knowing it isn't forever is a huge plus.
I started to think about the blood that was spilled for all of us, so we may know the One, True God. That, too was red, but makes us white as snow. And while reading the easter story/drama that my dear friend Raelene is writing for out church, it reminded me that it was the devil who thought he had won, but indeed he has not. He knows his end. And as for this "Red Devil?" This too shall end. It is through the "giving" of this red medicine that very soon my body will be pure and clean of cancer cells.
 To Jesus, be all the glory!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Erin, for letting us know how your first chemo appointment went. I hope that you are feeling better today, and that you don't experience many side effects... if any! Thinking of you, my friend, and just wanted you to know that.

    ReplyDelete