Well, we went shopping for wigs. When I say we- there were nine of us! Rachelle, Angie, Jeri, Theresa, Amanda, Terri, Jana, Heather and myself. I will post the group picture later, but I thought I would share what I have.
I really thought I would be super emotional. At first when we walked in the shop, I felt like sobbing, and then I thought, "you know, it is only for 6 months. I can do this! Who cares how "bad" I look....no one looks super "great" during this!" The girls were great sports. I tried on some cute wigs and then some not so cute wigs. Lets just say....WOW! Wow, as in...one of the first wigs the woman "just knew" I would look good in, looked like Dolly Parton- NOT KIDDING! It was SO difficult not to laugh....I certainly didn't want to offend her. And then there was the blue one...
It was a great time with LOTS of laughs.
We went to two different places and then had lunch at Olive Garden. What a great group of girls. So thankful for the love and support they give me.
Here are the two I bought.
Love them!!! The second one is my fave. But you know what i see when i look at you? Your smile.:-)
ReplyDeleteI like the first one but otherwise, ditto the above comment-I thought the same thing before I read it~I saw and love your beautiful smile!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog daily. I do not know you personally, but I went to college with Alison. I am encouraged of your daily posts. I myself, a few years ago, at age 28 ( and i'm pretty sure it's back again ) , was having to buy wigs, keep my spirits up, and deal with all this emotional "mess". Its amazing how God makes such a difference. While, not every day I was energetic, and to be honest, some days I got so mad at God, but only to realize that wasn't the way to deal. We are not perfect. But this post, really reminded me of my own hair and wig shopping. I went out and ended up getting about 5 wigs.. LOL.. some days, I was a long red head, somedays a blonde curly bob. I actually made it FUN!!! And normally, I have brownish blonde super curly hair. So for once, i GOT to have STRAIGHT hair... LOL... and, the best part, I could totally confuse people with switching out my hair :-) Hey.... who says you can't have a little fun?? Thanks so much for your encouraging words.
ReplyDeleteYes, your bright smile continues to stick out the most! And, I love the hair styles, particularly the second one. They have come a long way in making wigs look so natural & cute! So glad you had girlfriends to go with you--nothing like a female support group :)
ReplyDeleteErin, they both look great... especially the second one. :) They look so natural! SO thankful you had a great group of friends to shop with you and to laugh with. :) I too love your smile. I'm sure you even made the blue one look dashing! :) Love you.
ReplyDelete